ABOUT EDUCATIONAL HARBOR
Educational Harbor was started July of 2015 and officially opened its doors January of 2016. Since then, we are continuously growing and helping families to meet the needs of their students. With ten years of various experiences, a Master's degree in Educational Leadership, and the Lord's guidance, I am committed to each individual family that comes my way. Please contact me with any questions about alternative education, home schooling, and Educational Harbor. If we don't know the answer, we will find someone who will!
With Love and Blessings,
Director and Lead Teacher
Updated July 2021
Opened: January 2016 with 3 students and 1 teacher
May 2016: 6 students, 1 teacher (lost two to moving)
August 2016: 15 students, 1 teacher (5 students chose different paths in May)
August 2017: 40 students - 3 in pre-K / Kinder, 11 in elementary, 13 in middle, 4 umbrella, 9 High school (not all attend full time) (4 students moved out of state, 1 went back to public after quarter 1, more have enrolled since then)
January 2018: 42 students - 3 in Kinder, 9 in elementary, 13 in middle, 4 umbrella, 10 high school (not all attend full time)
We have 1 full time teacher/director, 3 part time teachers, 1 tutor, 1 teacher of ASL
August 2019: 59 students, 6 teachers, 2 tutors
August 2020: 62 students, 6 teachers, 3 tutors, and a variety of enrichments!
Goal for August 2022: 90 in-class students (4 elementary, 4 middle, 2 high school).
- Retention from 2017-2018 (returning students): 79%
- Most common reasons for leaving: Not enough students per class / didn't bond with another student
- 70% of middle schoolers took at least one high school course in 7th or 8th grade this past year
- 40% of our middle schoolers skipped a grade in middle school
- Reading statistics (based on Diagnostic Reading Assessment and IOWA): 22% of our students read below grade level, 78% of our students read at or above grade level (the best school at Manatee County is at 75% proficiency)
- 50% of our students have some sort of learning disabilities
- Of those students with learning disabilities who have been with us for more than year, 83% are proficient in reading today.
Every child is an individual and deserves a curriculum tailored to their unique learning style. At Educational Harbor Christian, every single student is accommodated to the best of our abilities. We do this through small class sizes, tutoring, close relationships with families, and a hunger to find how each student learns best. Our classes strive to be project-based, engaging, and influenced by student and teacher passions.
Our mission is to provide quality Christian education that is individualized, research-based, and community driven.